Dr. Chris Michaels
He has been called the Norman Vincent Peale of New Thought. But even that moniker fails to do justice to the impact he has had as a spiritual teacher, mentor, speaker, and author.
His book, The Power of You, published by Penguin Press received a Silver Medal at the Nautilus Awards, an organization that recognizes world-changing books. And his influence as a spiritual leader has also been world changing.
Chris is a highly sought-after keynote speaker, with over one thousand engagements at conferences and events around the globe—inspiring, educating, and empowering others to find their true calling.
It is fitting, as he steps down in an official capacity from his work at Center for Spiritual Living Fort Lauderdale, that a scholarship in his name has been created to support a new generation of spiritual leaders who will carry on his magnificent legacy.
Eligibility & qualifications
The Center for Spiritual Living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida has created this scholarship to provide tuition assistance to second year ministry students at the Holmes Institute or any campus of the School of Spiritual Leadership.
Those eligible to apply for this Scholarship are:
1. Students who have earned a 3 or higher grade point average (GPA) in their last full year of education (college or high school) and are applying for this scholarship to help fund their enrollment in their second year of ministerial training.
2. Candidate must provide evidence of involvement and/or leadership in a spiritual center, church, school or community organization.
A completed application package consists of the following required materials:
1. Completed application form.
2. Official transcript of grades. Request official sealed transcripts of:
a. Your last school prior to ministerial training (college or high school)
b. Your current ministerial school to be sent directly to the
Center for Spiritual Living Fort Lauderdale
Attn: Dr. Chris Michaels Ministry Scholarship
4849 N Dixie Hwy
Oakland Park, FL 33334
E-transcripts are also accepted and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Essay/personal statement (500 words or less)
4. Three (3) Recommendation letters (e.g., from a teacher, administrator, youth leader, or clergy)
5. A copy of a government-issued photo identification, either driver’s license or passport page.
Candidates must be available to conduct a personal or phone interview with the Scholarship Committee.
DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Scholarships are awarded based upon successful submission and review of requested documents and an interview. Center for Spiritual Living does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion or ethnicity.
Applications are accepted between October 15th – January 15th of each year and the winner is announced on April 1st. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Questions may be geared towards email@example.com. for response.
Please allow 24-48 hours for response.